Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Friday, April 9, 2010
- This would be an example of artistic photography.
- The intent is to show the action of the elephants in a interesting way.
- The emphasis is on the biggest elephant, then the eyes move around the edge of the photo to the birds.
- There is depth and contrast in this picture. It's a nice photo.
- This is a landscape photograph.
- The intent is to show how pretty something simple can be.
- The emphasis comes from road in the bottom left corner, then it vanishes into the distance and out of view.
- There is a lot of contrast with colors in this photograph, but there isn't one subject that stands out.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
- This is an example of landscape photography
- The intent is to share the beauty of nature.
- The emphasis comes from the black and white colors
- Tone is an important element in this picture. The first thing that catches my attention is the river that winds through the field.
- This is an artistic photograph, showing two dancers in motion.
- The intent is to capture the motion and teamwork between the man and woman.
- The emphasis is clearly on the two people. They are very clear and detailed, while the background is plain and less interesting.
- The first thing I looked at when I saw this picture was the shape of the two bodies twisted together. It captures your attention and makes you want to look at it closer.
- This is another example of artistic photography.
- The intent is to get a cute picture of a baby, and make it appealing to the eye so other people may want to buy it.
- The emphasis comes from the various textures. The grass and flowers have a very different look than the baby's skin.
- The first thing I see when looking at this photograph is the babysitting in the middle. Then my eyes shift to the outside of the frame to the grass and flowers.
- This is another example of artistic photography
- The intent is to show the beauty of the human body
- The emphasis in this picture comes from the black and white colors, and the texture of the skin.
- Tone and perspective are key elements in this photograph
- This is a landscape photograph
- It doesn't convey a message about advertising or a specific emotion.
- The emphasis comes from the black and white colors, as well as the texture in the grass
- Tone and perspective are important in this photograph. The first thing that caught my eye was the dark shed.
- This is another landscape photograph
- The intent is to show the calmness and beauty of the water
- The emphasis comes from the black and white coloring and the shadow of the two people in the boat.
- My eye first looks at the people rowing through the water, but then they move around and I look at the picture as a whole.
- This is an artistic photograph
- The intent is to express emotion and fashion through a photograph.
- The emphasis comes from the black and white coloring, and texture of the clothes.
- My eyes did move around the picture.
- This is a documentary photograph.
- The intent is to show the emotion of the boy through the expression on his face
- Again, the emphasis comes from the black and white colors of the photograph. There is also depth in this picture.
- Perspective and tone are important elements through this picture. First I noticed the confused looking boy, then my eyes moved around to the background.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Edward Curtis is known for his photographs of Native Americans. This would be considered a documentary photograph. The picture captures a very peaceful mood. The man is relaxed and unbothered. Emphasis in this picture comes from the black and white colors. Depth is also shown in the background through the fog.
This is a very artistic photograph. The intent is to show the emotion and expression from the woman. The emphasis comes from the contrast of light and dark colors. The leaves on the tree are dark, but a light is shining in the background lighting up the woman. There are different emotions that you could see in this picture. She looks thoughtful, yet worried about something.
This is one of his self portraits. The intent of the photograph is to show his emotion. The black and white helps make the photograph look more peaceful. There isn't really one dominant emotion that I get from this picture. he looks content. Texture is shown in multiple places: his cloths, skin, and came
ra. It's an interesting self portrait.
Ray's photographs are all black and white. They would all go under the "art" category of photography. The intent of this photograph is to show the emotion in the girl's eyes. The black and white color helps bring out the makeup on her eyes, and texture is
also shown from the water drops on her face, symbolizing tears. This photograph also captures sorrow.
Jim Brandenburg takes a lot of pictures of nature. I like this particular picture because it focuses on the wolf and blurs the background. The intent of this photograph is to capture the wild life of a wolf. This picture shows texture of the tree's bark and wolf's fur. It also shows depth, and the color is mellow. The doesn't show any motion. I find this picture very peaceful.
Walker Evans does a really good job of capturing emotion. This picture would be an example of photographic art, i've seen this photo framed in multiple people's homes. This photo clearly shows the passion between the two dancers. It's a very dramatic picture. The emphasis is on the silhouette of the dancers, but the shadow adds to the motion, and the cobble street does a good job of showing texture.
Annie Leibovitz is known for her portraits of people. This could be considered a documentary photograph, because it has captured a snapshot of someone's life. The intent of this picture is to show emotion. This photograph does a nice job of showing depth, by letting the light shine into the room and highlighting the girl. It also does a good job of contrasting light colors from the window with the dark color of the wall.
Dorothea Lange's photographs are both insightful and compassionate. She has a profound influence on the development of modern documentary. This photograph is a documentary, showing the lifestyle of a family living in poverty. The intent of this picture is to show emotion. The mom looks overwhelmed, but still needs to support her two children who depend on her. The photograph emphasis is shown by using black and white in the picture. Color would give the picture a whole different mood. The emotional impact of this photograph invokes sorrow.